Good morning and happy Monday! It’s another snow day here at AEH HQ. Snow days aren’t as fun as when I was little – I still have to work and call into about 40 meetings but at least I don’t have to chance my life by driving 20 miles to work.
Although I did a lot this weekend, it was the perfect amount of fun and relaxation. I was thinking about everything I loved about this weekend when I got in bed last night (during SB50’s third quarter – because I didn’t care) and realized I love a lot of things about this weekend.
10 Things I Loved About This Weekend
(Spoiler – Half for them are food related)
1. Friday night date night – After shoveling the 10+” of wet heavy snow we got during the day on Friday, SL was in the mood for a comforting dinner and I was more than happy to oblige. He wanted to go down the street to the Bradford Tavern, a local place with great food. We sat at the bar, ordered drinks and I finally decided on the Cowboy Burger.
a burger topped with grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, bacon and swiss cheese
I obviously passed on the cheese and ordered a side of buffalo sauce. It was exactly what I needed after working all day then shoveling tons of snow.
2. Saturday morning sweat sesh – I woke up bright and early on Saturday and went to R.I.P.P.E.D. It felt amazing to have my workout in the books and by home before 9:00 am.
This tree was showing off at 6:50am…
3. Breakfast Strata – After my workout, I was famished when I got home and wanted to shake things up a bit. Recently, Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers posted a recipe for a breakfast strata that I know would hit the spot. I didn’t have all of the ingredients she used but lucky for me, this recipe is easy to improvise. I will share my recipe soon!
4. Pizza & a movie on the couch – Saturday was busy busy and come Saturday night, SL and I were more than happy to order pizza from my favorite place and sit on and watch the Madoff movie/show (<– what ever it was).
I am slightly obsessed with white collar crime and especially Ponzi schemes. I took a class called Legal and Ethical Environment during my MBA coursework and wrote a long, detailed paper on Charles Ponzi and his scheme. It was right after the Bernie Madoff story broke and I immersed myself in learning everything I could. Maybe I shoudl be a white collar criminal?!
5. Sunday morning sweat sesh – I woke up Sunday and went to spin (after eating some leftover strata, of course). We and a great ride with great music!
6. Cross-country skiing – SL bought me cross-country skis for Valentine’s Day/our dating anniversary! We went out exploring on Sunday morning and it was beautiful. We weren’t professional XC skiers but we did pretty well for our first time out. A solid B+ (pats self on back!)
7. Massage – There is nothing better than a massage, especially after lots of working out and lots of sitting in a desk chair. I signed up for a membership at my local Massage Envy last year and it has been the best thing ever. I get monthly massages at a discounted rate and can’t opt to trade in a massage for a facial anytime for an additional $10.
8. Healthy Stuffed Peppers – Because I wasn’t really into the Superbowl this year, I made a super heathy dinner for SL and I. Monica at Run Eat Repeat posted these Healthy Stuffed Peppers recently and I followed her instructions to a T. They came out amazing and I have leftovers for lunch today.
9. Butternut Squash Risotto – I had some leftover, already cooked, jasmine rice that I had to use and instead of putting it in the stuffed peppers, I made Butternut Squash Risotto from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan. SL said something along the lines of, “This is actually good!” (pats self on back again!)
10. Boss ladies winning the Superbowl – I have always loved Lady Gaga and Beyonce but last night they just both killed it so hard. The game was awful, the wrong team won but these ladies made the whole event amazing.
This super long post is officially over. You’re welcome.