I love a good survey and thought it would be perfect for Thinking Out Loud Thursday. In filling out this getting to know me survey I felt like I almost got to know myself more, if that’s possible.
17 Getting to Know Me Things
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Since it’s summer, my answer right now is being out on the lake in my boat with SL and my family. It’s my happy place.
2. What are your vices? Wine. French Fries. Instagram.
3. What is on your nightstand? Phone charger, a bottle of Polar seltzer and 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
4. Do you have a secret talent? Packing. I am an excellent packer. This probably comes from my love of list making.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? My cleaning lady and taking SL’s work shirts to the dry cleaner. There are somethings that are worth paying someone to do.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? I have said this many times over the last 10 years but I truly think everyone should work in a restaurant at one point in their life. I learned some of my biggest life lesson while working part-time as a hostess. I also made incredible, life-long friends while working at said restaurant.
7. What makes you laugh? A ton of things make my laugh! 😂😂 SL makes me laugh, a bunch of podcasts make me laugh, OITNB makes me laugh. I laugh at extremely inappropriate times, I laugh at non funny things. This list goes on.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
9. What is on your bucket list? My bucket list is never ending but I think the most important thing is more travel and having a family. And traveling with said family. I want to raise cultured, well traveled children who are fully able to appreciate what they have in life.
10. What are you wearing right now? Yellow blazer and white lace top from Stitch Fix (first two in picture, I wore the middle dress yesterday), black skinnies, flats from Target and my wedding earrings.
11. How did you make your first dollar? I grew up in a firm no-allowance household so I made my first dollar babysitting. I started babysitting at 12 years old (so young!) and earned $2.50 an hour to watch a 4 year old and a baby. Yikes!
12. What superstition do you believe in? Karma. Is that a superstition? I really do believe what goes around comes around.
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? My gym clothes! 😜 I am super boring when it comes to my work wardrobe but I love keeping my workout clothes updated. I have been wearing this “Gym Hair, Don’t Care” shirt pretty regularly since I bought it.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Probably my engagement ring. It really means the world to me to be with SL and the day he popped the question has been one of the best days of my life.
15. What is on your
liquor wine shelf? I am trying to drink less while at home but I always have at least one bottle or red and one bottle of white on hand and a few bottles of champagne. My favorite red right now is Ménage à Trois Midnight (<– inexpensive and delicious) and my favorite with is Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? All the things! Knives, a toaster, a cutting board, Kitchen Aid mixer, blender, mail, my iPad…
(Ahhhhh, back when my countertops were 100% uncluttered)
17. What would you never leave home without? Phone, keys, wallet. I check every time I leave the house.
I hope you have a happy Thursday and I will see you back here tomorrow!