Alternate titles for this post:
- Delicious Green Shit
- Getting Your Husband to Eat Asparagus without Bitching
- Why Do I Have Asparagus Pee?
I have made this asparagus-spinach pesto multiple time because it is THAT GOOD. You honestly can’t tell that there are so many healthy, green veggies in it.
>> Related Post: 5 Ingredient Vegan Pesto
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus (I used the rest as a side dish with this meal)
- 3 regular handfuls of baby spinach (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, depending on how garlicky you like it
- 2 heaping tablespoons of pine nuts
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- A couple quick dashes of sea salt
Bring a sauce pan full of water to a boil.
While the water is heating up, put spinach, garlic, pine nuts, lemon, olive oil and salt in the food processor but don’t turn it on.
When the water comes to a boil, carefully put the asparagus in and cook for 3-4 minutes until bright green but still firm.
Remove asparagus from boiling water and cool it down with COLD water immediately so it stops cooking.
Add asparagus to the food processor and process until it is at your desired consistency.
Put it on anything, literally anything. We like it on pasta, as a sandwich spread or smeared on chicken and/or steak.