Today I am sharing an easy-to-make chocolate chia mousse recipe that is high in all the things that are really good for you.
chia mousse = whipped chia pudding = super easy breakfast or dessert!
I love the idea of chia pudding but sometimes I really just can’t handle the consistency. I whipped up (bad pun intended) my first batch of whipped chia pudding a few days ago and loved every bit of it but I knew I could make it better.
Enter my very own Chocolate Almond Coconut Chia Mousse!
Chocolate Chia Mousse
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3/4 cup Silk Dark Chocolate Almondmilk (any flavor would work…do what you like)
- 1 T almond butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 T slivered almonds
- 1-2 T coconut flakes
- 1 packet truvia (optional, I added for a hint of sweetness)
- Mix everything in a container with a lid (mason jars work well)
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight if you have the time
- Add pudding to a blender and blend on a low to medium-low speed. I used the “whip” setting on mine and blended for about a minute.
- Serve with sliced fruit if you want or just devour it plain
I ate this for breakfast this morning on another hotasballs day. But I am not complaining because I’ll take 80 degrees over 8 degrees any day! Now time to get to work and get through this Tuesday!