When I was commuting into Boston I started my love affair with listening to podcasts. I listened to a wide range from funny to more business-oriented. My favorite business podcasts always seemed to move to the top of the playlist during the morning commute to get my head in work-mode.
My Favorite Business Podcasts
I hate to play favorites but I will. Being Boss is my favorite podcast now and ever. Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson are completely complementary co-hosts. They swear, they make mistakes, they laugh and they drop amazing information bombs that I need and love.
This show is not overly produced and truly look forward to each episode and listen to it first thing in the morning on the day it is released.
- Episode #3: Redefining Professional
- Episode #10: Personal Branding
- Episode #55: Playing Big with Tara Mohr
The Lively Show
Jess Lively interviews all of the people that I want to Brené Brown, Elizabeth Gilbert, Gretchen Rubin, Tara Mohr. I loved all of these episodes and consistently add them to my mental listen-to-these-again list.
- Episode #83: Personal Growth in a Relationship & Changing Unhelpful Drinking Patterns with Tara Bliss (she has an Australian accent and I think thats why I loved it so much)
- Episode #108: Consciously Completing a Relationship with Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Episode #130: Living Beyond the Social Media Expectations of the Modern Woman with Mica May (from May Designs – my favorite company right now!)
Make It Happen
Jen Carrington has a British accent and that might be why I started listening to Make it Happen. I kept listening because each and every episode feels like a business hug. Jen interviews amazing people and does so in a way that feels like all of her guests are her close friends and that they are sitting fire side drinking hot beverages will talking.
- Season 1, Episode 10: Creative Entreprenureship, Intentional Web Design & Finding Freedom Through Passive Income with Sarah Morgan
- Season 1, Episode 14: Making a Living Online & Harnessing Your Intuition in Buisness with Melyssa Griffin
- Season 2, Episode 10: The Journey of Making Things Happen & Owning Your Creative Process with Kayla Hollatz
I listen to Myleik when I need a little kick in the pants. She tells it like it is and it doesn’t feel like a hug but rather a push in the direction I should be heading in. Myleik and an extremely successful business woman but seems to also be super grounded.
- #SQUADGOALS for the Entrepreneur or Side Hustler at Heart
- Why You are Not Getting the Job
- What to Leave in 2015!
This is a newer one from me. I started listening when Katy Widrick promoted her episode with Blissful Bites host, Nicole Culver. Nicole interviews entrepreneurs who share their stories about how they grow and build their businesses.
There you have it – all of my current favorite business podcasts. There is a little bit of everything from warm hugs to kicks in the pants.