It’s Tuesday folks. It’s only Tuesday.
All of last night I swore it was Wednesday. It was Monday. And all day today (so far) I thought it was Wednesday. It’s not. This week has been dragging by for me but it’s probably because I haven’t been sleeping well. I am dog-sitting my puppy-brother and he is not sleeping well. Which means I am not sleeping well.
All of that nonsense aside, here is what I have been up to for the past two weeks (in terms of half marathon training that is).
Half Marathon Training
This was a another travel week. SL and I left for Las Vegas late Sunday night and I was in a conference all day Monday – Wednesday. I was able to get a quick workout in on Tuesday though. After taking a redeye home and landing on Thursday, we turned around on Friday morning and headed to Maine for a ski weekend with friends.
It was a crazy week but I still managed to get in a few goo sweat sessions.
Tuesday: 30 mins on the elliptical. I am going to count this as a run.
Thursday: Cross train [Cycle]
Running Mileage Total: 1.0 mile*
*On the ellipitcal
Monday: Cross train [Tabata + Strength class at Studio 5]
- This class straight kicked my ass. I like to think I am in good shape (fitness wise) but boy was I put in my place after this class!
Tuesday: Cross train [30-minute Tabata at lunch + Cycle]
- I am dying this week. Not sure what is going on but I’m super tired and every workout seems like a struggle. And I’m sore. So taking a day off.
Thursday: Cross train [CycleFusion]
Saturday: Cross train [R.I.P.P.E.D.]
Sunday: Cross train [Cycle and Core, Buns + Guns]
Running Mileage Total: 0.0 miles
On the Menu
Here are two unusual weeks. Week 8 was a travel week. SL and I were in Las Vegas and Maine and enjoyed a lot of nights out and comfort food.
After over indulging on food (and wine) SL and I deemed week 9 a Detox Week. It just so happened to coincide with the Tone It Up girls doing a 7-Day Slim Down. I’m in! I did my first 7DSD during my Diet Bet last winter and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I actually looked forward to simplifying and cutting back for a week.
Week 8 – Travel Week
Monday: Chicken Parmesan from Battista’s Hole in the Wall
- You guys – meals at Battista’s come with soup or salad, garlic bread, cappuccino and UNLIMITED HOUSE WINE with every meal. I’m pretty sure I died and went to heaven during this meal!
Tuesday: Dinner at China Poblano
- What is better than Asian food and Mexican food? Having them for the same meal! China Poblano is my happy place! Here is what SL and I ordered (we split everything):
- Steamed Pork Buns (I have been craving these since I had one in Singapore)
- Tacos – 2 for me (Carnitas & Tinga Poblana – chicken/chorizo/potato/ chipotle chile/onions ) and SL got 2 as well
- Mongolian Beef Lettuce – beef/ romaine lettuce/ginger/soy sauce/ Chinkiang vinegar
- I also ordered a margarita flight. Best decision ever!
Wednesday: Buffalo fingers and steamed broccoli. All about balance.
Thursday: Mediterranean Orzo Salad from the Pioneer Woman cookbook
- I made a MASSIVE batch of this for the ski house and taste tested it for dinner. I will definitely making this again.
Friday: Roasted garlic and onion jam stuffed pork loin wrapped in bacon, Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Saturday: Chicken Marbella, roasted brussels sprouts, cast iron skillet pan-seared broccoli, and two random chicken wings
Sunday: Leftover Chicken Marbella and a HUGE salad. Like HUGE.
Week 9 – Detox Week!
Monday: Grilled salmon and steamed green beans and quinoa over a bed of baby spinach
Tuesday: Turmeric Chicken from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan and steamed green beans and quinoa over a bed of baby spinach
Wednesday: Blue Apron: Center-Cut Pork Chops with Warm Beet, Carrot, Walnut Salad
- The great thing about Blue Apron is that if you can’t make all the meals right away, you can freeze everything and make it when you have the time. I wasn’t super psyched about this one but it turned out SO well! I will probably make it again on my own!
Thursday: Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- This was so so so good and made enough for plenty of leftovers. I added 2 oz. of rice noodles into my bowl and my mind was transported back to Thailand!
Friday: Shrimp and broccoli
Saturday: Chicken Guacamole wrap
- Grilled chicken, guacamole, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes
Sunday: Leftover Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
So another wicked fun/awesome/interesting half marathon popped up on my radar over the past couple weeks and I am seriously considering running it. It is a month after the one I am currently training for which would give me a month of extra training time…