Happy Hump Day! We’re almost through the week! Kind of. Not really…but sort of! And so far my favorite thing about this week has been healthy Asians tacos. These tacos do not suck.
But before we get to tacos, I’m sharing that I ate before all of the tacos. Here is another edition of What I Ate Wednesday. I love creeping into other people’s lives and seeing what they do and eat on a daily basis.
Breakfast: Turkey & Eggs.
Yes, this sounds crazy but it’s so good and filling. I cooked up the turkey with marinara sauce and spices and the egg muffin is left over from last week.
I also had coffee with collagen and almond milk – per usual.
AM Snack: Kombucha. I’m usually hungry between 10 and 11 but I wasn’t so I just opted for a ‘booch.
Lunch: Chickpea Avocado Mash on a nuco coconut wrap (from Thrive Market <– referral link)
The mash has 1/2 can of chickpeas mashed with 1/2 an avocado, 1 stalk of celery, a little bit of diced onion, cumin, salt and pepper. I added some butter lettuce in the wrap for crunch.
PM Snack: Raw red bell pepper that I ate while prepping dinner.
Dinner: This is where my healthy Asian tacos came into play.
Healthy Asian Tacos
OMG you guys these are so good. And they are pretty easy to make so long as you are cool with cooking ground meat (easy as can be) and chopping a red bell pepper (annoying but easy).
- 6 Siete Foods Cassava & Coconut Tortillas
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves (you will have extra)
- 1 lb. ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken, whatever!)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T coconut oil
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Sauce - equal parts of each, depending on how much sauce you want - coconut aminos, creamy nut butter and rice vinegar plus a squirt of sriracha
- For the healthy Asian tacos - Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil until melted.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds or so).
- Add turkey to skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Heat up tortillas in a separate small skillet until warmed.
- On each tortilla, lay one leaf of lettuce then add turkey, bell pepper, carrot and green onion.
- For the sauce- Mix all ingredients together and drizzle over tacos
Now go make these tacos because there is nothing weird about Taco Wednesday!
Linking up with Peas & Crayons‘ What I Ate Wednesday