Today is my birthday!!
At 10:16 am ET I officially turn 32. So far, I have loved everything about my 30s. Gone are the days of being a super confused and broke 20-something and I am fully embracing my life as a 30-something.
When I turned 30 I wrote a post about reasons why I was excited to be 30. Looking back at that posts gives me all the feels. I’m still in such a great, fun place in my life and I am really looking forward to what the next year brings.
Looking back, 31 was a great year:
- I’ve officially been Emily Lawson for a full year now (weird). I changed my name on my 31st birthday. (I’ll always be Emily H. in my heart though ❤️)
- Went to Vegas for work and brought SL along
- Had an epic friends ski trip weekend
- Updated our kitchen – our first MAJOR house project
- Swam/biked/ran with 7th Triathlon by the Sea
- I became an auntie and my cold, black heart exploded with happiness and love
- Watched 6 couples get married (we stopped taking pictures at some point…) And yes, I wore the same dress twice. Zero fucks given.
- Started (yet another) new job! I really am happy at my new gig. I get to use my skills far more efficiently than I was and I am learning so much every single day
- Celebrated our anniversary in Ireland, saw the Cliffs of Moher
My 31st year brought so much happiest. I know 32 will as well.
Thoughts on 32
- I hope SL and I can keep traveling. This year will be tough and will probably include more driving trips than flying ones but something is better than nothing.
- 32 is for getting our house together:
- Buy furniture
- Buy a kitchen table
- Paint the upstairs
- 32 is also time for doing me, going with my flow and following my intuition
To be honest, I do not know what this year will bring but I am excited to see.
Thank you Amanda for hosting Thinking Out Loud.