Happy weekend everyone. I am looking forward to this particular weekend for a few reasons:
- First weekend at home as a married couple
- It’s fall in New England, enough said
- SL and I have NOTHING planned. NOTHING. 🙌
It is rare in my life that I have no things to worry about. This is the first time in my whole adult life that I haven’t either been working two jobs (a 9-5 and a night/weekend gig), but working full time and in school or been working full time and buying a house/planning a wedding and honeymoon.
I often times fall into the trap of treating myself in the ways of
- Eating a whole pizza (it’s my favorite food, don’t by judgy)
- Buying workout clothes (if it gets me to the gym after eating the whole pizza, is it that bad)
- Getting a mani/pedi
Here are some ways to treat yo self without spending any money or eating a whole pizza pie (or a whole regular pie) or anything else.
Treat Yo Self
1. Sleep in
Nothing beats waking up on your own and not to a potential air raid that you then realize is just your alarm.
2. The take a nap later 🙂
Ahh, naps. Aint nothing wrong with taking a snooze mid day.
3. Re-watch your favorite movie
No need to go to the movies or even to rent one. Watch an old favorite you have lying around the house or on Netflix. If you are already paying for it, don’t buy it to watch the movie because that will defeat the purpose of this post.
4. Catch up on YouTube/Netflix/DVR without shame or guilt
I have approximately 4,000 hours of saved videos and movies waiting for me to sit down and treat myself.
5. Listen to a podcast or 12 (here are some of my favs) while scrolling through Instagram
Mindlessly listening to something can be a true pleasure and Instagram is just amazing.
6. Take time to do your hair and makeup just for fun
7. Change your sheets. Come bedtime, you’ll thank me
Fresh sheets are the BEST. And I always feel like I am winning the adult game when I actually change my sheets.
8. Go for a walk or bike ride around your hood
I love fall and being outside this time of year invigorates me like none other.
9. Sit outside and just breath in the fresh air
In 4th grade I had a woo-woo teacher that had us sit outside completely still in a circle for 10 minutes when school first started at the end of summer and she told us to suck in all of the heat from the sun. As a very sceptic 9-year-old, I thought she was batshit.
Then, after returning from the holiday break she had us do the same exercise in January (by this time I knew she was batshit) but she told us to release the heat from the sun that we took in in the beginning of the school year. I, for some reason, remember this and try to use this practice when I am outside and just sitting.
Now I feel like I might be batshit too…
10. Work on a passion project
Mine is this little blog right here. When I am not writing, I love fooling around with the CSS and customizing all the things.
11. Plan your next adventure on Pinterest and get wanderlust-lost.
Check out The Blonde Abroad’s post on doing just that.
12. Work on your personal budget (not sexy, I know) so you can see if you have any money to buy things, like a pizza, later on!
I use a beautiful May Designs custom notebook for SL and my household and personal budget. Crunching numbers in a pretty notebook (mine notebook print is Talavera) makes things way less boring.
13. Organize your closet and donate of clothing you haven’t worn in a while
Its amazing how good you will feel about not only doing the right thing but opening your closet in the morning and not having it spew all over you.
14. Drink a ton of wine.
I said treat yo self without eating…not without drinking 😉 and, well, wine always makes me feel better.
15. Look through an old photo album
Remember when you actually had to get film developed in order to see your pictures? I think I am dating myself here. I love looking through photo albums from childhood, high school and college and laughing at how tragic I was.
So there it is. 15 ways to treat yo self and all are completely un-regrettable (except maybe 14).
How will you treat yo self this weekend? Tweet me and let me know!