I’m coming at ‘ya today with another What I Ate Wednesday as well as a recipe for a super easy cucumber tomato salad.
Hello friends and happy hump day! I’m still feeling exhausted from my weekend away and I am in shock that it is already March. This year is seriously flying by!
I started the month with a sweaty spin class followed immediately by a smoothie bowl.
Breakfast – Smoothie bowl, same as last week! It’s just so damn good!
It isn’t quite spring here in New England yet but once it is, I think smoothie bowls are going to make a major comeback into my life!
AM Snack – Grapefruit, plain and simple.
Lunch – Chili and Cucumber Tomato Salad (recipe below!)
PM Snack – 2 Salted Turtle Energy Bites (I called them energy balls at work and got laughed at…)
I substituted the pecans in the recipe for walnuts (because that’s what I had on hand) and they still tasted amazing.
Dinner – Picadillo Tacos from PaleOMG
Happy Taco Tuesday! These tacos were so quick, easy and delicious. I used my favorite Siete Foods cassava & coconut tortillas because I cannot get enough of them.
Cucumber Tomato Salad
On Monday night I made a quick cucumber tomato salad out of leftovers from our weekend getaway and it turned out so delicious that I had to share it.
- 1.5 pounds tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes and cut them in half)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into half moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salad
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add chopped cucumbers and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix well.
- If you have the time, let it sit for up to an hour.
This recipe made enough for a side dish for 4 meals. I served it over mixed greens but you could simply eat it alone.
I hope you all have a great day!
What was the best thing you ate yesterday?
– Mine was probably the tacos. They were delish!