These Zucchini Chicken Mini Burgers are an easy weeknight dinner in the oven or on the grill. This recipe can easily be made ahead of time during food prep.
I love a good burger – beef, chicken, turkey, veggie – whatever you have for me, I’ll eat. And just because summer is over, doesn’t mean I stop eating my beloved burgers.
A good burger makes the perfect meal because it is so multifaceted. You can easily make them vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, etc. etc. etc.
Related: Hamburger Spice Blend
This week I have actually been eating a few mini burgers for breakfast with a side of leftover soup. Call me crazy but I have been loving it!
Without further ago, here is my recipe for Zucchini Chicken Mini Burgers.
Zucchini Chicken Mini Burgers
Makes 12 mini burgers, 4 servings
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grate zucchini and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes then squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix zucchini with the rest of ingredient in a large bowl.
- Form into 12 patties. The mixture will probably stick to your hands. Deal with it.
- Heat a large pan on the stove and add a little olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Place 4-6 patties on the hot pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- On a toasted piece of naan bread with greens.
- Over a salad.
- As is with a side of soup
(Nutrition facts from myfitnesspal.com)
Next on my burger making agenda is a black bean or chickpea burger. I love the ones from Morning Star Farms and am hoping to recreate it at home!